At MMA Legal Writer, we understand that there aren’t always enough hours in the day in the practice of law to write a Motion, Memorandum, or Appeal. You need to be in court advocating, meeting with clients, deposing parties and witnesses, mediating, and let’s not forget networking and generating new business. Lawyers and small firms don’t always have the time to spend thoroughly researching and writing on top of everything else. Let an MMA Legal Writer do the heavy lifting so you can do what you love.
Motions to Suppress, Memoranda of Law, Trial Memoranda, even Deposition Summaries – we do it all. Have peace of mind knowing there is a licensed Florida attorney skillfully and enthusiastically researching and writing on your team when needed, without the cost of hiring a full time associate. The ability to present a fully researched issue to the court can be the cherry on top of your courtroom advocacy skills and take your cases, and legal practice, to the next level. While Criminal Law and Family Law are our favorite topics, there is no area we can’t research.
MMA Legal Writer is a legal research and writing company providing prompt, efficient virtual litigation and appellate support to solo-lawyers and law firms alike. Practice areas include Criminal Defense, Marital and Family Law, and Appellate Law, including but not limited to: Constitutional Issues (Fourth Amendment Search and Seizure, Invalid Warrants, Unlawful Stops and Detentions, etc.), Alimony, Child Support (including Good Fortune), Equitable Distribution, Prenuptial Agreement and Postnuptial Agreement Enforcement and Validity, and related matters. Services include legal research and writing, drafting appellate briefs and answer briefs, writs, memoranda of law, motions (suppress, dismiss, compel, summary judgment, 1.540), and even preparation of pleadings and discovery requests on a case by case basis.
From providing requested Case Law to a signature-ready brief, no matter is too large or too small. Don’t see a service or area of law you’re looking for? Contact us – we’re happy to consider any and all legal research or legal writing issues that may arise.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it cost? The cost is typically an hourly rate. While many projects involve on-going billing, upon request we are happy to limit the hours to fit within your budget (provided the limitation reasonably permits the completion of the project), and we will never exceed the hourly limit without prior client approval. Additionally, with each project MMA Legal Writer includes an itemized billing statement so that you have the ability to bill your client at the rate of your choosing.
- Will you consider a flat-fee project?
Of course! While family law and other civil matters are commonly billed by the hour to the client, we understand that many other types of cases, including criminal matters, are taken on a flat fee basis. We are happy to come up with a flat fee to fit within your budget. The charge, of course, depends on the nature of the project, so please contact us with specific details.
- Does MMA Legal Writer assist pro-se litigants? No. MMA Legal Writer solely provides legal writing and researching services for attorneys and law firms. No information on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to be legal advice for any individual case or situation. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision; you should consult an attorney regarding your individual case.
- Do you handle “rush” or “emergency” projects? Yes, on a case-by-case basis. There may be an additional fee.
- Okay, you sold me; how does it work?
First, MMA Legal Writer performs a conflict check to ensure there are no conflicts with other projects and clients. Once the conflict check is complete, MMA Legal Writer will have a more thorough conference with you regarding the scope of project, timelines, and desired outcomes. Then, when we are all on the same page, MMA Legal Writer gets to work! When your project is complete, we will provide you with a signature-ready document(s) in Microsoft Word format (unless requested otherwise), along with copies of any and all case law and statutory authority cited in your project, and a complimentary argument “cheat sheet.” Optional case highlighting for ease of reference is available upon request.
Litigation Support, Research, and Writing
* Motions for Summary Judgment
* Motions to Dismiss
* Motions in Limine
* Motions for New Trial
* Response Motions and Memoranda
* Trial Memoranda of Law
* Post-Conviction Motions for Relief
* Marital Settlement Agreements
* Parenting Plans
* Prenuptial Agreements/Postnuptial Agreements
* Final Judgments
* Mediation Summaries
* Deposition Summaries
* Discovery Dispute Motions
Appellate Research and Writing
* Appellate Briefs (Initial Brief, Answer Brief, Reply Brief)
* Brief Editing
* Appellate Motions/Responses
Miscellaneous Legal Research & Writing
* General Legal Research
* Issue Specific Memoranda of Law
* Research for Legal Journal Articles
* Research for CLE Materials
* Ghost Writing for Legal blogs and website content